LANDSCAPER I- Intro to Landscaping
For immediate hire for full time, year-round employment:
Are you looking for a different career path? Are you interested in being outdoors and enjoying our beautiful central Pennsylvania weather? Are you looking to work for a place with a team atmosphere where employees care about each other and work together to achieve a goal? We are hiring outdoor enthusiasts who are genuine, kind, and hard working. Unlike most landscape companies we do not lay off any employees as we are always busy and do snow removal in the wintertime. This provides opportunities for continual growth within the company and consistent employment no matter the season.
Our landscape maintenance & installation divisions are seeking qualified individuals to perform the duties of “LANDSCAPER I- Intro to landscaping”.
The “LANDSCAPER I- intro to landscaping” is an employee working directly with a landscape supervisor. You will be part of a team of two or more in the landscape divisions of the company.
Who we are:
We are Home Grown Outdoor Finishes located in Elizabethtown and Middletown. We provide a full line of quality professional landscaping construction and maintenance services as well as supply of materials in Lancaster, Dauphin, Lebanon and York counties. Our commitment to excellence has earned us regional recognition.
Our success is the result of working closely with individual clients, property management companies, architects and planners to provide services ranging from weekly lawn and landscape bed maintenance to full scale landscape design and installation of paver patios & walkways, ponds and retaining walls.
Job duties and daily tasks may include:
- Edging, Weeding, & Mulching customer properties
- Proper pruning of plants and shrubs
- Prep and installation of river rock
- Planting and installing new landscapes
- Drainage solution installation
- Grading, Seeding, of soil for lawn installation or repair
- Follow the direction of the landscape supervisor in a safe and professional manner
- Execution of proper techniques for the installation of landscapes including but not limited to:
- General maintenance: Mulching, pruning, weeding, raking, etc.
- Plantings of trees and shrubs
- Installation of bed edging of varying materials
- Installations of new lawns or renovating existing lawns
- Loading and unloading of trucks and trailers as needed for projects
- Daily Equipment Check
- Know daily goals and timeframes and work safely and efficiently to meet those goals
- Routinely interact with clients and address any concerns they may have or refer them to the supervisor.
- Inform the supervisor of any quality issues you notice while performing a job
- Immediately inform the supervisor of any accidents, damaged equipment, or damage to a client’s or company property
- Report at the end of day to the supervisor to ensure all activities are complete before leaving for the day
- Respect the ideals and beliefs of the company and of your fellow co-workers
- Able to perform other duties outside of the listed job duties and qualifications
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have a clean, valid Driver’s License*
- Must have a cell phone
- Must have your own reliable transportation to and from our operations site
- Must be able to work in all seasons and varying weather conditions
- Must be able to lift between 5lbs.–80lbs. regularly
- Must be able to safely use tools provided for manual digging, raking, hauling, lifting, etc.
- Must be able to work in various body positions for extended amounts of time (walking, standing, bending, kneeling, pushing, pulling, stretching, etc.)
- Experience with working well with other employees
- Ability to drive a work truck
- Willingness to receive additional training or classes as needed
- Can pass an equipment test at our operations facility prior to employment
NOTE: WE ARE A SMOKE AND TOBACCO FREE WORKPLACE
Additional licensing and accreditation classes are available through our company and vendors.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $13.00 – $18.00 per hour